Monday, January 12, 2009

#1: Wayne's World

Starting off with what we know. In my opinion, Wayne's World is probably Mike Myers' finest work. Granted, I was 12 at the time, but this movie holds up. It's also the reason I and everyone I in my age/socioeconomic group can sing along to Bohemian Rhapsody pretty much from start to finish.

Quotes you need:
  • "I don't even own a [pronounced AH, like in "flat"] gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
  • "Imagine being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware.
    ...Hi. I'm in Delaware."
  • "Whoa. A Fender Stratocaster with triple single coil pickups and a whammy bar." (this one does double duty-- movie knowledge AND guitar knowledge. Boys love it.)

  • Factoid: Terry "I love you, man!" was also on HBO's Oz for years. His character was in a romantic relationship with Chris Meloni (aka SVU's Elliott Stabler). Now try watching Oz without saying "I love you, man!"


Seriously. TRY.

No comments: